SELF PAY CUSTOMER SERVICE REP
Horizon Financial Management is seeking highly motivated individuals who can effectively communicate with patients and guarantors regarding their medical bill while multi-tasking; navigating multiple systems, reviewing policies, EOBs, EHRs and perform accurate data entry while providing the highest level of customer service in the industry.
If you are a skilled self-pay collector with a solid understanding of revenue cycle, HIPAA, Electronic Health Records (EHR) and claim remittances/EOB comprehension with excellent customer service skills this position is the perfect fit for you.
Bilingual a plus!
Under general supervision, follows established collection procedures in pursuing payment of patient accounts. Reviews HFM and client systems to accurately collect patient balances. Confers with clients and guarantors respectfully and follows all policies established by the client and HFM. Follows all FDCPA rules and regulations during the collection process when working bad debt accounts.
Principle Duties and Responsibilites:
1) Performs collection duties to ensure prompt payment from guarantors following policies and procedures. Uses check by phone, credit card, and payment plan options of payment correctly.
2) Reviews client and HFM systems to verify accuracy of balance. Phones guarantors to collect patient balances. Documents notes in the HFM or client system describing work completed on accounts.
3) Works accounts within their assigned collection WIP accurately and timely. Follows all policies set forth for each specific client.
4) Works daily/weekly reports accurately and timely.
5) Follows all FDCPA (Fair Debt Collection Practices Act) rules and regulations when working Bad Debt accounts.
6) Meets Productivity standards set by HFM for number of accounts worked per day as well as dollars collected per day.
7) Confers with management on any discrepancies within accounts. Updates system with new demographic and other pertinent data when applicable.
8) Determines whether accounts are eligible for insurance, prepares insurance update form for management and documents system appropriately.
9) Follows all HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) rules and regulations.
10) Interacts courteously and compassionately with other associates.
11) Communications with patients, visitors, and clients are friendly and professional.
12) Maintains a professional appearance.
13) Projects a positive image in the community.
14) Other duties as assigned.
SPECIAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Analytical, clerical, and computer skills to review HFM and client software systems and computerized reports to determine balances.
The interpersonal and communication skills necessary to collect balances from guarantors.
Meet productivity standards HFM has implemented.
Computer skills equivalent to work multiple systems simultaneously.
Must be able to type at least 40wpm
KNOWLEDGE, PRACTICAL EXPERIENCE AND LICENSURE/REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
One year of experience in order to learn appropriate collection procedures and techniques to become familiar with collection procedures and to acquire suitable interpersonal skills.
An understanding of client systems, and the ability to enter data accurately.
Knowledge of FDCPA and HIPAA rules and regulations and the ability to apply these regulations on a daily basis.
Normal sedentary office environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned this job. They are not exhaustive lists of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities, and working conditions.