PHYSICIAN BILLING REP
Horizon Financial Management is an established, competitive revenue cycle company looking for a full-time Physician Billing Representative. A basic understanding of medical billing and follow-up is required with at least 1-2 years of experience preferred. A background in physician billing and experience with 1500's a plus. The ideal candidate is reliable, organized, team-oriented and self-motivated. Applicants must also be able to multi-task, communicate effectively, problem solve and meet production goals.
Under general supervision, follow established physician billing procedures to ensure clean insurance claim generation leading to prompt payment of claims. General follow-up with insurance agencies on delayed claims and communications with patients when necessary.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) Data entry of charges and payments.
2) Follows up on insurance claims.
3) Manual filing of secondary claims.
4) Contacts patients on accounts where insurance or additional information is needed.
5) Contacts patients on balances after insurance payment.
6) Follows up on insurance denials (paper and electronic)-Make corrections to claims and refile.
7) Correction of claims electronically through clearinghouse.
8) Monitoring of claims filed and timely processing.
9) Follows all HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) rules and regulations.
10) Interacts courteously and compassionately with other associates.
11) Communications with patients, visitors, and clients are friendly and professional.
12) Maintains a professional appearance.
13) Projects a positive image in the community.
14) Other duties as assigned.
Analytical/clerical ability to review computerized reports and determines balances, prepare appeal letters, correct claims and provide support documentation as needed.
The interpersonal and communication skills necessary to frequently interact with insurance agencies and patients.
Must be able to type at least 40wpm
KNOWLEDGE, PRACTICAL EXPERIENCE AND LICENSURE/REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
1) The level of knowledge equivalent to completion of high school or GED.
2) 1-2 Years billing experience preferred
3) Knowledge of CPT and ICD-9 codes necessary
4) Medical Terminology comprehension preferred.
5) Knowledge of HIPAA rules and regulations and the ability to apply these regulations on a daily basis.
1) Normal sedentary office environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned this job. They are not exhaustive lists of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities, and working conditions.